Wednesday 7 May 2014

Butterflies

Over the past few days, I have done some more parchamore. This time I used butterfly stencils.

For the first card, I just worked as is onto the parchment. I found an aperture card to mount it in that was almost the right size, I used a knife to cut round the top of the butterfly wing so that it could be pulled outside the aperture and also pricked through the card. It didn't need more than gems to finish.
Unfortunately, it is quite hard to see the detail,, but it looks elegant.



The second card was made in a similar way to the first except that I used watercolours to tint the parchment before the rest of the detail was added.
For the final card, I wanted to use a butterfly punch that I had bought for my birthday. I decided to mount the parchment onto red card so punched the top and bottom of the card. rather than stick the parchment down, I used brads, and knowing I was also going to use black card, I decided on black which in hindsight is a mistake. I then stuck the red card to black, then realised that the parchment was back to front!! Fortunately, I could just about life the card to sort it our!!
I punched 3 butterflies out of parchment and added them to 3 corners and then used gems for their spines. On the 4th corner, I attached a black flower. I then decided to add a few red gems to the parchment which I now think was OTT. The card was finished with black gems.






No comments:

Post a Comment