Friday 1 November 2013

Notelet Holder

I mentioned before that I had an idea for using the postcard images that we have, and that is making notelets to sell alongside the calendar that my husband wants to produce.

Making the notelets will be easy (if a little time consuming to start with) once I know which images of Gloucester have been chosen. I was thinking along the lines of a box or gift bag for putting the notelets in. Then a chance 5 minute glance at the TV yesterday gave me a eureka moment. I would make a display book that opens up to the notelets stored on the left, and the envelopes stored on the right. A photo will explain this better than I ever can verbally.



I made the book out of 2 pieces of white A4 card overlapped in the centre. I then created a backing paper using one of the images and tiling it. This was then layered onto cream card and stuck on the front and the 2 inside pages. The card and envelope holders were then made from further pieces of card and needed scoring, cutting and sticking.

It took about 90 minutes to design and make this first holder, which will just not be feasible if I want to make money from these. So, in the 2nd attempt, I will print the images straight on to the card on both sides, and that will just leave the wallets to construct.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment