Tuesday 17 December 2013

Card for Mum

I always make a special card for both Mum and Rod.

A company called Craft Creations have a bargain area on their website, and a couple of weeks ago they were selling back issues of their magazine for 25p!! I bought all 59 issues for myself and some for my son's fiancée who has just got in to cardmaking. They are a fantastic resource, and it was there that I found the inspiration for Mum's card. (They also have decoupage sheets as low as 5p and card blanks at very low prices too. Well worth a look if you do cardmaking.)


I folded a piece of A4 card into four and folded it as a zigzag. I then cut a sloped piece out of 3 sides. I had some suitabloe peeloffs and placed them onto the card so that the top of the candle touched the top edge of the card. I filled in the gaps with smaller peeloffs like pieces of holly. Then, it was a matter of cutting around the peeloffs with a small, sharp pair of scissors, and the occasional use of a knife.

When you take a peeloff off the release sheet, you are left with all of the insides. These I coloured with spectrum noir pens and then took a sharp point to left them and fitted them into the approriate part of the peeloff. Much cursing at this point as some of the tiny, fiddly little pieces flew off all over the place!

Finally, the flame and candle drips were covered with crystal glitter glue, and the centre of the poisettias with a gold glue.

It was hours of work, but well worth it (I think). I know Mum will appreciate it and it will be stored away after Christmas...not thrown away

.


No comments:

Post a Comment