Monday 20 October 2014

December birthday cards

There are 4 family birthdays in December, so I though I had better get on with making the cards before the Christmas rush. It has also made a nice change from the constant work on the cross stitch and knitting projects.

Here are the first two.

I made this card for my grandson Bradley, who has spina bifida. Just after he started school, Bradley lay on the floor just like this to write me a story!

I made the card using images from the Docraft Boofle CD. I designed the main image and then decoupaged some of the elements. I finished it off with a coat of glaze on the buttons and glasses.








This card is for my daughter in law, Rachel. She has just holidayed at Brean Sands and this reminds me of the beach there. It also brings back fond memories of Camber Sands which is where I took the boys for holidays when they were young.

I took the elements for this card from the Joanna Sheen Tom Mielko project book and CD. I more or less made the card as it is in the book. The striped ribbon is my own touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment