Monday 8 December 2014

A batch of Christmas cards

It's the latest I have started my Christmas cards because I needed to make real progress with the cross stitch of Dad first. I'm also knitting a couple of outfits for Harry.

I have had to choose cards to make that wouldn't take a great deal of time. I've been through my stash and here are some of the ones I've made in the last few days. I won't write too much about them...just haven't got the time!!


These cards were made quickly for younger members of the family from a Dawn Bibby collection of a few years ago.


These are from the same collection, but using card blanks from a different set. I really like the way the mince pie sits behind the aperture. The card on the left has a folded base too.


I love these cards from a kit I bought at Lakeland years ago (the shops have been closed for years now, so it must have been a long time ago). The decoupage elements all had to be cut out by hand. I embellished the cards with flowers from Sweet Lilac and with glitter glue.


This is the type of card I have decided to make for older family members this year. It is from a Kanban kit of a few years ago. The pictures have a matching domed acetate over the front.


And, finally...this is the card I will probably give Mum. It is based on a card in the Crafter's Companion Christmas magazine. It involved a great deal of work to cut out all the poinsettias and holly leaves and then they were sprayed with glitter.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment