Monday 10 March 2014

Birthday

I've just had the most enjoyable weekend, despite feeling quite ill at times.

We started with Rod taking me to lunch at a lovely garden centre. I had scampi and chips, and managed to eat all the scampi, some salad and a few chips. Luckily Rod never minds finishing off what's on my plate! I bought Mum a large planter in the form of a cup and saucer for Mother's Day while we were there. We then drove on to Ross on Wye. Because the sun was shining and it was very warm, there were lots of people everywhere. We went to Labels first because they had a craft outlet which sold fantastic double sided tape. Unfortunately, they are remodeling the outlet and everything was moved around. Rod asked a male sales assistant where the craft section was, and he said it was no longer there. I actually don't think that is true because it is advertised in craft magazines!! But because I am quite tired at the moment, we gave up. As we drove out, we noticed that there had been an antiques and collectors fair at the livestock market. Something to look out for in future.

We then drove into the town and tried to get a disabled parking space near the craft shop. Despite driving around 3 times, all disabled parking was taken, so we had to park right at the top of the town and walk down. I actually coped quite well, but Rod really struggled with his balance as the hill is quite steep. Finally, we got to the shop and he left me to enjoy spending my birthday money, while he went over to the small market and to look at a few shops. While doing that, he noticed the traffic warden ticketing some of the cars in the disabled bays. It is just so annoying when able bodied people park in disabled bays, and we were both glad to see the drivers penalized.

I will take some photos of my craft goodies a bit later and post them. I actually wanted more cutting dies but they didn't have what I wanted. Nevertheless, I had no problem in spending my money.

We then drove along all the country lanes to Hay on Wye and then Glasbury. I actually didn't notice the journey because I had a lot of birthday tweets to respond to when I could get a signal and when the road wasn't too bumpy.

Mum had actually already got a tea ready for us when we got there and had made me the most lovely orange flavoured cake. It is the best cake in the world and I have had one made every single year since I was very young.

No comments:

Post a Comment