Tuesday 4 March 2014

Mother's Day Card

I had some free Hunky Dory Toppers and papers that came free with a craft magazine and I had seen this type of card being made on Create and Craft and decided that the two together would make an ideal Mother's Day card.

This is the card from the front. I made C4 card by sticking 2 pieces of A4 white card together on the left hand side. I then cut the top piece of card away at the join. A piece of acetate was then stuck over the join and the tape hidden by a piece of card. I then matted another piece onto mirri card, stuck this over the top and added card candi for decoration.

At this point, the card was very flimsy and full of static, and I almost gave up with it!

I cut a large piece of the background card/paper and mounted it on mirri card and stuck this on the card. You can see it in the next photo.

2 toppers were then positioned on the acetate. The frame was put on with foam and the centre was stuck flat. I added a greeting with foam stickers and then covered this on the inside of the acetate with white card cut to size. Finally, I added a pearl decoration and 2 roses to the bottom left of the acetate and 3 faux pearls to the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment