Wednesday 30 April 2014

More bookmarks

I remembered I had a large box of faux Victorian scraps that I had bought years ago and wondered what I could do with them. As I have lots of narrow pieces of card, I decided to try some bookmarks.

I cut the pictures away from their retainers and then trimmed them slightly to cut away any outline.I then stuck the picture on with PVA glue and covered the entire bookmark with opaque glitter glue.

The bookmarks then had to be left overnight to dry and when I looked at them this morning, I decided they were just a bit too flimsy. So I cut an identical size piece of card and stuck this to the back. I then punched a hole at the top and threaded ribbon through.

I think they look good, although they do shed a bit of glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment