Tuesday 8 April 2014

Parchment Craft

On Saturday, I finally bought some stepladders so that I can reach all of the craft stuff on top of wardrobes safely. Along with lots of boxes of coloured card, I found my (unopened) box of parchment craft patterns and tools.

Having enjoyed the Parchamore so much, which uses stencils, I was anxious to have a go with patterns and white mapping ink. I didn't find that the instructions that clear, particularly as it said to rub all over the area inside the pattern with the ball tool and yet the pictures clearly show graduated shading. However, there are 6 patterns/projects to try and they become more challenging as you progress which is a positive.

Anyway, here is my first attempt. I slipped with the pen in 2 places and again pushed through the parchment with the small ball tool in another 2 places. I have 2 photos...one shows the work in progress and the other the finished piece. I will probably make this piece into a bookmark.



No comments:

Post a Comment