Thursday 3 April 2014

Parchamore

I love the look of parchment craft but I am not sure I have the dexterity in my hands now to do the delicate work. Years ago I bought a Fiskars mini boss and then later on bought a full Parchamore kit and a couple of smaller ones. Basically it is a stencil system that you can use on a foam mat which is attached to the mini boss. Then it is using the ball tools and pricking pens as usual.


This was the first one I tried. It is shaded with white pencil. It went really well apart from a couple of small holes I made from pressing too hard with the ball tool. I mounted the parchment paper onto black card and then red. I punched some leaves out of green card and then added red and black flowers.

For this one, the outlining was completed first and then I coloured in softly with watercolour pencils. I then used a water brush to spread the colour and left it to dry. I then worked the pattern over the leaves and flower.

The flower colour is a deep peach. I thought about silver or gold mirri board to back the parchment but they were too harsh. I eventually found an almost match to the flower colour. I then placed ribbon down the right hand side and a row of lace flowers on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment