Tuesday 3 June 2014

Freedom

Here are the words to the poem I wrote earlier this morning and made an audioboo of.

In my head, in my dreams, there is so much I want to do. Somehow, I've made my comfortable home a safe prison for myself. And at the moment I can't/won't break free.

But please don't think I'm unhappy. I'm not!!

There's a part of me
that wants to be free
To have the courage
to not be discouraged
from opening the door
and releasing the core
of worry and doubt
And finding out
what it's like to sing
There are ocean to swim
and mountains to climb
now I have the time
Instead I sit at home
spending time alone
with dozens of books
which give me a look
at all that I'm missing
And I dream as I'm knitting
of opening the door
and walking before
I change my mind
AE

No comments:

Post a Comment