Tuesday 17 June 2014

Harry's Card

With the birth imminent, and no real inspiration to mention, I was starting to feel a bit desperate about this card. I had even chosen a sheet of pictures so that I could make a quick card if necessary.

Anyway, the last couple of days have been cooler, so I took a break from my reading and went through some CDs looking for inspiration. I then found the template for a pram on an AnnaMarieDesigns CD. I printed it off and cut out the pram from an A5 size cream card. I then cut the template into different sections and covered the base with a patterned paper and the hood with blue card.

I then used some of the cream card to punch out a lace border and stuck this across the middle. I then tackled the wheels. I decided to cut the inner and the outer from black card, then use a silver pen to draw on the spokes. The centres are silver card candi.

I found some flower ribbon to decorate the hood. I think the flowers are too big really and wish I had smaller flowers. I used faux blue pearls for the centres. I made a small blue ribbon for further decoration.

The pram handle was made from black card. The final touch was the verse which has been mounted onto blue card and outlined with blue glitter, and the small teddy.

A card fit for Harry? I think so!


Bottles & booties
bibs & more
a new little
someone
to love
and adore!


No comments:

Post a Comment