Monday 17 February 2014

#100HappyDays Days 8 and 9


My granddaughter came to visit yesterday. She is nearly 14 now. Where does time go? She has been such a big help to me for the past few months as we've sorted through all of my craft boxes.

Today, I made a curry that I haven't made since I was at uni.

I took 250g of best mince and started it browning in a large pan while I chopped a large onion. I then added this to the pan and carried on browning these for 5 minutes. I put 3 teaspoons of curry powder (only mild!!) into the pan and continued cooking for another 3 minutes. I then added a teaspoon of salt, garlic flakes, chili powder, cumin, coriander and garam marsala and sprinkled on black pepper too. After stirring all of the above into the mixture, I poured in 3/4pint of water, brought it to the boil and left to simmer for 30 minutes.

I mixed a dessert spoonful of cornflour with water to make a paste and stirred this into the curry to thicken the sauce. I forgot to get tomato puree when out shopping but ketchup did the job just as well. I also added a desert spoonful of lemon juice and a tablespoonful of natural yogurt.

This recipe is totally made up by me. I seem to remember adding peas when I made it at uni.

We served it with a bowl of rice. It was very nice...just as I remember it. Rod, who is not a big curry eater, enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment