Wednesday 12 February 2014

Retirement!!

I am so excited.

I applied for early retirement and a pension, and I learned this morning that it has been accepted. I am offically retired from the 17th February and get my lump sum the same day!!

It is such a relief, I just cannot begin to explain it. When I left teaching in September, I always thought that I would want to go back after a few months. If anything, though, the break has just reinforced that I don't want to teach again. Having this money has given me the freedom to take my time to find a part time job that I will really enjoy doing.

So today's plans are now on standby. I was going to start writing up my final module assignment, but there is no way that I could complete such a focused piece of work.

Anyway, more as it happens!!


No comments:

Post a Comment