Monday 14 October 2013

Baking and other things

Friday has become my baking day. Particularly when we have family coming to visit over the weekend. At the moment, I have to confess, I am using bought cake mixes (gasps) and (sometimes) putting my own twist on them. They have been turning out really well, and disappearing very quickly. I find Morrisons to be the best supermarket for baking supplies. Their own cake mixes are very good. I have also tried a Betty Crocker mix which I used to make the chocolate cupcakes.

The pink cakes were some that I put my ideas into. Mum had given me a mini cupcake maker so I made a plain sponge mix and cooked 20 tiny cakes. There was also enough mix for the 2 big cupcakes. I made a simple buttercream pink icing and then sprinkled sparkles over this. There was so much icing left over that I then made a simple sponge cake too. I baked this in a silicone bread tin and cut it down the middle. I spread strawberry jam and buttercream, then sandwiched the cake together.

I bought a cupcake book at the weekend, along with further ingredients and I intend to be much more adventurous this Friday.
I have also been looking for recipes online and have found an excellent website on goodtoknow.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment