Monday 21 October 2013

Weekend

My knitting is only proceeding slowly, despite the fact that I simply must get the cow finished. That didn't stop me looking at more wool when we were out on Saturday. I saw it at the supermarket, Aldi  of all places. They have some 400g of Aran for £7.99 which is enough for the cushions I want to knit. They also have a 200g chunky for £3.99 which I could use.

But before I do that, I know I bought a couple of bags of cheap wool a few years ago which are hidden away in the attic. My husband says he will look tonight. I also know I have some Aran weight wool in both cones and big balls which have got to the back of my craft cupboard. So I am off to sort that out in a minute.

Hubs finally decided to help me die cut some shapes yesterday evening. We set the die cutting machine up, and the handle just would not turn. It was fine Friday!! It really upset me because it is one of 2 machines that I use all the time now, although I hardly used it at all the previous 3 years. It would cost at least £100 to replace and as I'm not working at the moment, it would make a big dent in my finances.

So out came the screw driver. Hubs was convinced it was one of the teeth on one of the 3 gears, but it wasn't. More of the machine was stripped apart, with me getting more panicky. Still the handle would not turn at all, and it became obvious that it was a bearing, which hubs assured me we could easily buy. Out it went to his shed, he knocked the bearing out and told me that he could easily sort it and we would be back in business. True to his word, he got it running again.

So at 9.45pm we finally started cutting out the shapes. It worked perfectly.

Thank you, Hubs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment